I recently came up with this delicious dinner idea based on the ingredients I had available in my kitchen. So easy to make and works great as a leftover lunch.
– A pack of chorizo slices (try Pick n Pay)
– 1/2 cup of brown rice, cooked
– packet of brussel sprouts
– small punnet of white button mushrooms
– 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
– 2 to 3 sweet potatoes, rinsed and cut into medallions
– fresh or crushed garlic
– Tablespoon of raw honey
– chilli flakes and salt for seasoning
– tablespoon of soya or stirfry sauce
– canola or coconut oil for frying
– Start by boiling the brown rice. Drain and set aside.
– Place the sweet potato medallions into a greased oven tray. Brush the tops with honey, and sprinkle with the dried chilli flakes. Bake for about 30 mins at 180 degrees or until soft and nicely brown.
– Fry the brussel sprouts until lightly browned and fairly soft. Add the chopped bell pepper and cook further.
– Add the mushrooms, soya sauce, garlic and salt – and fry until the mushrooms have softened.
– Lastly, add the cooked rice and chorizo to your pan and stir fry for a further 10 minutes.
– When you’re ready to eat, dish some of the rice mixture into a bowl and top with the sweet potato rounds.