Day 5 back from holiday and I’m down 1.1 kgs…yes girl!! Honestly I don’t know where or how I’ve acquired this new sense of determination from – but I’m going with it. 2018 has been awesome thus far!
It was 34 degrees in Cape Town today and I’m chilling with my family prepping for a braai and some swimming, but in the same breath I’m setting my alarm to go to gym at 6pm. LOL never in a million years would I ever have prioritized working out over a braai. But I’m doing it. And it feels damn good. I started my first group session today, and even though I had anxiety driving to class about whether or not I would be able to keep up with the other girls…I was there (in the furnace pit as I call it) – with my game face on. I did my best. One-on-one training is great, but to be honest, I prefer the group workouts because you get to chat to the other girls and also see that they’re going through the same struggle as you.
As I’m getting into this, I’d like to talk about some of the benefits of exercise. Not just a few squats here and there, but a full on proper workout with sweat dripping down your back. Bear in mind I am probably one of the most unfit people out there. So if I can do it, you can.
- You start to see definition in places you never thought possible.
- Feel a sense of accomplishment with every workout.
- Your skin glows.
- You start to move outside of a world of complacency, into a world of discipline. This naturally feeds into everything else…your work and personal life.
- You become aware of which foods nourish your body, and the ones that don’t.
- Once you start seeing results, you want to do more…run (Yes, run. I always said the only way anyone would ever convince me to run is if they had a margarita and a burger waiting at the finish line), hike, swim, encourage the rest of your girl friends to join you.
I have quite a few more sessions with Tammy, so I think I will be giving you an update every Friday as opposed to after every workout. I’ll also be sharing my centimeter and kilogram loss with you (exciting lol). Also, just to let you know that the addition of Herbalife has been phenomenal. I don’t think that I would have been able to achieve the same results without it. I’m part of a 5 day ‘Eat Clean Challenge’ on Whatsapp every week and that has really kept me motivated and aware of my meal choices.
Guys I’m so proud of my little achievements and I look forward to even bigger milestones!
Chat soon. xxx