Who says you can’t have pancakes for breakfast when you’re on a health mission? I love delicious food. And even though I’ve made huge changes in my eating habits, under no circumstances do I want to feel deprived. A few tweaks here and there, and nourishing your body suddenly becomes very tasty. This recipe is my new favourite way to indulge on a Sunday morning catching up on series under the covers! xx
– 2 scoops of your favourite vanilla protein powder (I use the Herbalife Formula 1 Shake powder)
– 1/2 ripe banana
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– tiny pinch baking powder
– Pinch sea salt
– 4 egg whites
– handful of frozen blueberries
– few tablespoons of low fat plain or Greek yoghurt
– Separate your eggs carefully, and beat the whites with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
– Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mush with a fork.
– Add half of the beaten egg whites to your banana mixture, and whisk until you have a smooth texture. Then fold in the rest of the egg whites using a spoon.
– Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, drop spoonfuls of your desired size onto it and cook the pancakes for 60-90 seconds on each side or until they are golden brown and the batter has cooked through sufficiently.
– Once all the pancakes are done, use the same pan to make the blueberry sauce. Fry the blueberries until they are soft and the juices have started to ooze out. Add the yoghurt and swirl everything around for a few minutes.
– Pile your pancakes on a plate, and pour the sauce over it. Serve with a drizzle of raw honey or maple syrup.