We have a lovely Skin Clays facial gift set to give one lucky LS reader!
- 100ml pre mixed Face Mask Tube ( French Pink Clay, Rose Oil & Aloe Ferox Gel or French Green & Bentonite Clay, Buchu, Chamomile & Aloe Ferrox Gel ).
- 100ml Exfoliating Face Wash (French Green & Bentonite Clay, Buchu, Chamomile, Aloe Ferrox Gel & finely Ground Apricot kernels)
To stand a chance of winning, all you have to do is:
- Tweet the following on Twitter: “RT and follow @LSBeautyBox to win a Skin Clays gift set!”
- LIKE the Skin Clays and Lily Storm Facebook pages.
- Post a comment below and tell us what makes you happy?
Closing date for the competition is 5 October 2013. The winner will be announced on the LS blog and via email.
** This competition is now closed. Congratulations to Meg Hartwig, the winner of this gorgeous Skin Clays hamper!**
So I’ve decided to partner with two very exciting brands – and will be adding to them to the current Lily Storm beauty boxes. That’s one extra full size product and a huge discount voucher!
You may remember that I wrote a review on Skin Clays by Kai. Based in Durbanville, Cape Town – Karen really does a fantastic job delivering a unique range of products. I literally used the shower gel down to the last drop, and can testify to the amazing skincare properties of their face masques. Now I’m giving you another one of my favourite clay products to try - a full sized Hand Cream, in one of the following fragrances:
- French Pink Clay, Rose & Lemon Verbena
- French Beige Clay, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang & Coconut
- French Pale Pink Clay, Juniper & Jasmin
This is truly one of the best hand creams I’ve ever used. Absorbs easily into the skin, and leaves a gorgeous lingering fragrance. Very cute size to pop into your handbag as well.
Then, if you’ve ever wanted to try eyelash extensions, now is the time. We’re giving you a 50% discount voucher from Samantics – a salon based in Goodwood, Cape Town.
‘iLash Extensions’ are individually applied to each natural eyelash. A glamorous new way to extend the length and thickness of natural eyelashes, and are a practical, convenient and beautiful alternative to the daily use of mascara. Unlike decades-old, traditional false lashes and cluster lashes, iLash Extensions are the first innovation in lash lengthening that can be worn daily, without nightly removal. Because each tapered, synthetic lash is bonded to a single natural lash, the final result is of effortless glamour and difficult to detect even close up.
I do believe that lash extensions are a tricky business and if not done correctly, you could end up looking like an ostrich. That’s why I recommend Samantics to do a professional job. You’ll love the end result and with this discount voucher, you can even have the lifts / fills done at a reasonable price.
Terms & Conditions regarding the Voucher :
~ iLash Extensions – R500.00 – Discounted to R 250.00 (Full Set Top Eyelash Extensions, one Voucher per client, valid till 31.12.2013)
~ iLash-Lift @ 2 weeks (Contract) – R 750.00 – Discounted to R 375.00 (6x appointments, scheduled at 2 week intervals, valid for 12 weeks after initial application of Full Set Top Eyelash Extensions, one Voucher per client)
~ iLash-Lift @ 3 weeks (Contract) – R 1,050.00 – Discounted to R 525.00 (6x appointments, scheduled at 3 week intervals, valid for 18 weeks after initial application of Full Set Top Eyelash Extensions, one Voucher per client)
~ iLash-Lift @ 4 weeks (Contract) – R 1,350.00 – Discounted to R 675.00 (6x appointments, scheduled at 4 week intervals, valid for 24 weeks after initial application of Full Set Top Eyelash Extensions, one Voucher per client)
To get these extra special goodies added to your already fabulous Lily Storm box contents, email us on email@example.com. Cost is R150 including delivery.
* Samantics voucher will be emailed to you upon confirmation of payment, along with the unique reference number.
My friend Anda is one of the loveliest, most sincere people I have ever met. She has fabulous fashion sense and always stresses the fact (accompanied by very animated hand gestures), that I should never date broke good-for-nothing boys. But more than that – she’s introduced me to MAC’s Russian Red lipstick!
I was always terrified of wearing red lipstick. Fearing I’d look like a lady of the night. I usually keep my lip colour fairly conservative as a have a full pout. Then one Friday evening, while heading out on a girls night, Anda appears sporting the most gorgeous mouth I’ve ever seen. While the rest of us were furiously touching up our faces in the little girls room, all she did was slick on some lipstick. According to her, Russian Red is the only accessory she needs.
After much ooh’ing and aah’ing, Anda eventually convinced all of us to try it. Bear in mind that we were a mixture of all different skin tones and lip sizes. I promise you though, each and every one of us looked amazing!
It has a velvety matte texture, and seems to last for hours.
Now I think there are some rules to pulling off this look:
- Your skin has to be fairly smooth and even. I recommend using a BB cream or lightweight foundation, and covering any spots and dark undereye circles with concealer. You don’t want to create a pasty death-like mask, but you do want clear skin with minimal shine.
- Keep the rest of your makeup subtle. Some highlighter on the brow bone, mascara and small amount of blush on the apples of your cheeks will do the trick. This lipstick speaks volumes, so you don’t need much else.
Walk into a room wearing Russian Red, and there’s no chance of you being a wall flower. Thanks Anda…I am now a convert.
Off to MAC we go!
Photo courtesy of coolspotters.com
Don’t you just adore the way Kim Kardashian rocks her Russian Red? This shade works especially well against dark hair and brown eyes.