As a creative…when I feel like this…I write. It is my means of expression when thoughts get too loud. My ‘right brain’ has little chance of play chained to a desk in an air- conditioned office all day. This is fact. And very often people don’t like to own up to it because hey, we need to make a living. But today was just one of those days when I longed to be free to explore what it is I am destined to do with my life. I find it contrived to nod along in agreement to something that makes my soul feel uncomfortable. So oftentimes, my silence is frowned upon.
After a cool shower (and fancy Elizabeth Arden face mask), there are a few things I wish I could tell my lets say…16 year old self :
1. Take your time growing up.
2. Choose a career based on your passion, not what you believe will make more money.
3. It is okay to say no.
4. You are individually talented.
5. Make travel part of your budget.
6. Love unselfishly…but put yourself first.
7. Always speak your mind, without fear of judgement.
8. Know that you more than enough.
9. Stop making excuses.
10. Your natural hair colour is actually beautiful!
Here’s to summer holidays. And taking the time to sculpt your dreams.